Friday, 11 April 2014

Benefit Brow Zings: Before and After


It's been a while since I did a proper review of something. By total accident, I found a product that I now cannot go a day without. A few months ago, I was ordering from the Benefit website and I meant to click on the shade 'medium' when ordering this product but I must have clicked 'light' by mistake. When it arrived and I saw what it said on the invoice, I thought I has just wasted £25 on something that wasn't going to match my eyebrow colour. Turns out, it was perfect. It matches to a tee. The medium would have been far too dark - my sub-conscious is clearly smarter that I thought.
I've never noticed how squint my eyebrows go when I half-smile before, huh. And yes, that is my natural hair.
Benefit claim that this wonder product is 'the no.1 best-selling eyebrow product in the U.K.' Whether this is actually true or not, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Being completely modest here of course, I really do think that my brows have never looked better than they do now. Brow Zings gives them excellent definition and helps to frame my face, and instantly makes my whole face of makeup look better. It really doesn't take long take long to achieve the look - just a quick swipe of the wax to shape your brows and some of the powder to set everything in place for flawless results. I think they look natural, to an extent. It is still kind of obvious that they are not my natural eyebrows but then I have never seen drawn in eyebrows that do. I just think I look more put together with my brows done. This long-lasting kit gets me right through the day, from when I put it on at 8am before school till I remove it around 10pm! The little tweezers come in very handy too and the brushes are surprisingly good quality - I actually use them every day. The mirror on the lid makes this perfect for on-the-go touch ups (not that you ever need them). 

The one downside to this, which thankfully doesn't affect me, is that it doesn't really cater for anybody with really light eyebrows that doesn't look the heavy look. My eyebrows aren't really really dark but they are definitely brown and so the 'light' shade is perfect for me. It may be called 'light', yet it is anything but that. I can't even begin to imagine how dark your eyebrows would have to be to use the darkest of the three shades. Therefore, if you have blonde/red hair etc, this may not be for you. If you have brown hair, however, you are one of the lucky ones who would be able to use this. I definitely think that Benefit have missed out on a massive consumer group here so hopefully they will come to their sense and bring out a lighter shade soon for all of you blonde-haired gals out there. 

What is your go-to eyebrow product?


1 comment

  1. Hey! I nominated you for a Very Inspiring Blog Award! Check it out!
    http://barrelofsecrets.blogspot.ie/2014/04/very-inspiring-blog-award.html

    Your blog is fabulous!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP