Friday, 9 May 2014

April Beauty and Non-Beauty Favourites


I have 6 favourites to show you all this month - 5 beauty favourites and then 1 awfully pretty non-beauty favourite that I couldn't resist throwing in there. It was quite sunny throughout the month of April, however I am sad to say that the sun has once again gone on holiday. I even didn't wear a jacket a couple of days - major shocker, I know. I really hope the nice weather returns, especially since I have three weeks at the end of my study leave to relax (starting on Tuesday) because I will have finished all my exams by then, so fingers crossed for good weather. Now, onto this month's favourites.

I've had several testers for this before but I finally branched out a couple of months ago and bought the real thing. This is so good at concealing big pores and creates a brilliant base for my Bare Minerals foundation. It also helps it stay on so much longer as well so it is definitely worth the £24.50 that is costs. They've now brought out a powder version as well which eliminates shine so that is definitely on my to-buy list.

This very quickly become the lipstick that I reach for every day because of its many amazing qualities. Not only is it a lovely non-drying formula, it is also the prettiest pink ever. I would describe it as a muted Barbie-pink, if that makes sense to you at all. It's sort of bright but still suitable for everyday wear and the best part is it only costs £3.99. The sheen does wear off after a little while but the colour sticks around for a good couple of hours which is pretty damn good for a cheap drugstore lipstick.

Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Sun Kissed Lotion | £3.75
Apparently, I own this in the shade 'deep' which I only just discovered approximately ten seconds ago when I checked the bottle. I would never have guessed that this is a dark shade because it just gives such a lovely glow to the skin. It's not orangey in the slightest and gives a pretty, buildable tan that doesn't leave you smelling like a digestive biscuit like normal fake tans (always a plus). In fact, it smells of apricots - mmmm! I love this, I'm not a massive fake tan person and much prefer gradual tans that are more on the moisturiser side so this is right up my street. It is slightly more tanning than most gradual tans as you will notice a difference after the first application. I usually apply this every second day, up until I've put it on two or three times, depending on how tanned I want to be. It lasts a long time on your body and doesn't wear off streaky. This is reduced to just £3.75 in Boots so snap it up quick.

Elemis FreshSkin Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash | £12.00
This is brilliant for using in the morning to eliminate any grease and nastiness that has built up on your face overnight. Elemis is usually a very expensive brand but the FreshSkin range is designed for teenagers and so it is cheaper, yet it provides the same amazing quality as the core range. This may be a scrub, but I don't find that it dries your skin out like many do. It actually leaves you feeling so smooth and lovely. You just want to stroke your face all day! It also creates the perfect base for flawless makeup application. What more could you ask for?!

Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs | £52.00 for 75ml
This is, without a doubt, my go-to fragrance for spring/summer. It has such a light scent that is perfect for this time of year. If you like floral, sweet perfumes then this is for you. I've had this for a while but because it is more of summer scent it is lasting ages, which pleases me very much considering the price tag. It's a lot of money, but I know I would still repurchase this. You know how everyone has the one perfume that they keep going back to? Well, this is mine.

I have a confession to make - I haven't actually worn these outside the house yet, as you can tell from how white the soles are. However, there was no way these little beauties weren't getting the air time on my blog. They are just adorable. They are actually the kids versions because they were £30 cheaper than the ladies version. If you are looking for trainers and are a UK size 5.5 or smaller, then I highly recommend checking out the kids shoes in Sports Direct because they are identical but half the price. These are a size 4 because I have teeny tiny feet. Now if these don't motivate me to start exercising, I don't know what will.

Have you tried any of these?
      
I have a new instagram, specially for bloggy stuff - @hollylabeau

7 comments

  1. I love your Nike running shoes! The color is pretty <3 I think I am gonna need new shoes to motivate me as well :P

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colour was definitely the deciding factor when I was trying different ones on haha x

      Delete
  2. I've just got a sample size of the porefessional and I agree that it is worth the hype! I didn't know that they had a powder version too, will definitely look out for that

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the powder is as good as the original! x

      Delete
  3. I have the lighter version of the Garnier lotion, I love it, although I do sometimes find the smell of it quite sickly haha. I also adore your running shoes, they are glorious :) xxx

    Heather ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are definitely eye-catching, you wouldn't miss me if I was running towards you hahaha xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the Porefessional, totally worth the money! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP