Tuesday, 27 May 2014

May Birchbox: Harper's Bazaar Edition


After seeing how pretty the May birchbox was and the goodies that it contained, not to mention the £5 discount code I had come across, I couldn't resist signing up to receive one for myself. This is actually the first beauty box I have ever received and so far my experience has been very pleasant, to say the least. Although, if I am being totally honest, I'm not prepared to spend £10 a month plus £2.95 postage. A part-time waitress's wage just doesn't cover that along with all of my other beauty needs. The plan is to sign up when I see that there is a box that I really want to get my hands on and then cancel it again to save my pennies. Quite proud of myself for coming up with that idea! It's too much of a gamble to keep my subscription because some month's the box might not provide much to satisfy me and it would then have been a waste of money.

The May Birchbox is certainly a pretty one. How gorgeous is that print? I'm not sure why but I kind of expected the box to be bigger, I was quite surprised when I saw the size of it. I don't know what I was expecting because I was fully aware that is was full of sample sizes of products but for some reason I still expected something of a larger size. That said, I am still really happy with this box. You have probably already seen blog posts about this box but here I am, ready to give my tuppence worth. Not all boxes are identical, so take a look at the Birchbox shop here for all the products that were available.

This is my favourite cleanser of all time so I welcomed this dinky little travel size with open arms. This will be great for travelling and nights away from home because of it's size. This also comes with a small muslin cloth which is great because it is always useful to have some spares. I wrote a full review on this a loooong time ago which you can read here if you so wish.

This nail polish is basically summer in a bottle. I love wearing colours like this one on my nails at this time of year so I am really looking forward to trying this out. I will let you know what I think of it and show you how it looks on the nails some time soon!

There is no denying that this tube is so cute! This is another thing which would be great for travelling instead of bringing your normal sized mascara, or even for just carrying around in your handbag. I know that's what I will be doing with this. I'm always struggling for space in my bag because I lug around so much junk so extra space is always welcome. This is an amazing mascara which really lifts and lengthens your lashes, although the really wet formula can quite often make a mess on your eyelids if you're not careful.

According to the little leaflet, you can either add a capful of this to your bath or smooth over your body before showering. I tried the bath method and whilst this did leave my skin feeling silky smooth, it holds a significant resemblance to old lady perfume. At £39 for the full size, I highly doubt I will ever be purchasing this. 

This little shampoo and conditioner duo is a nice little addition to the box. I'm always up for trying new conditioners to try and tame the beast that is my hair so I am really looking forward to trying this out. I'll let you know what I think. I'm feeling optimistic though, the reviews on the website are all very positive!

So overall, I am so pleased with how this box turned out. Like I did before ordering this month's box, I will wait for the blog posts about the box for that month and then decide if I want it or not. Did you get the May Birchbox?

As you can see, I have also installed disqus comments for my blog. This is just a trial run to see how it goes, so let me know what you think! Do you prefer disqus to blogger? Is it loading ok for you? I am open to constructive criticism.


7 comments

  1. Looks like you got some lovely things! I really want to sign up to Birchbox
    xx


    salted-roses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really recommend it, it exceeded my expectations! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That is an amazing box! The Benefit goodie looks amazing too - and quite a steal! <3

    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is! This month was amazing value for money! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't this one of the best birchboxes in a long time!!!!!!! Kept the box too, cheeky blogger problems! Fab blog btw honey x

    http://www.brookdellar.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kept it as well, no idea what I'll use it for but it was too pretty to throw away! Aww thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard loads of hype about this months birch box, it definitely is great! xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP