Sunday, 18 May 2014

New Camera | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ35

I have finally treated myself (and you) to a proper camera. I have been holding back on blog posts all week because I knew that I would rather use my nice new camera to take the pictures so prepare to be bombarded with all the blog posts that have been piling up inside my head. One of the main reasons for buying this camera, along with the idea of using it for blogging, is to bring it with me on my charity expedition to Nepal in the summer. I will be away for three weeks in total, one week of which will be trekking in the Himalayas. Just take a moment to imagine the views - aaaahhh. I definitely want to photograph them so I never ever forget how it looked.
First impressions of this camera are good. It's simple(ish) to use but I'm still getting the hang of it. The instructions that came with it weren't hugely detailed but there is a disk which I haven't had a look at yet so hopefully that has a bit more information in it! There are so many settings and options and I'm not entirely sure what each of them do so I'll be experimenting with them shortly.
It's pretty chunky looking but that's because of the massive 20x zoom lens that it contains. I can't believe I am about to say this, but it is about the width of the widest part of a Maybelline mascara (did I really just use mascara to describe a camera?!). It's also boasts 16 megapixels, has a CMOS sensor which means better quality pictures in poor lighting, has full HD 1080p video and has a Leica lens, although I'm not entirely sure what that means but it sounds good. Pretty impressive, huh? Let's hope it lives up to its claims.

Fab quality blog posts, here I come!


(Keep an eye out for tomorrow's post, it may have something to do with a giveaway...)

3 comments

  1. I have this camera and I use it to take all of my blog photos. It's got a similar quality to a SLR but it fits inside your pocket. The zoom is amazing but it's great for close ups too. I would definitely recommend having a play around with the manual settings and I found a post on Gh0stparties blog about photography very useful in setting up my camera. I hope you enjoy using it - I love mine!

    Holly | Impatience is a Virtue | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so glad to hear that you have this camera too, it definitely reassures me that I picked the right one! I noticed the zoom was amazing when I was playing with it earlier, I am so impressed! I'll definitely have a look for that post, thank you so much for recommending it.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking for a new blogging camera,I Might give this one a go,How much was this thank you for recommending it..
    www.unstyledlondon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP