Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Mini Book Haul

2 book-related posts in one week? I must be keen.

You may or may not have seen this photo on my instagram earlier (@hollylabeau - shameless plug) but I thought I would share it on here regardless. I have a serious addiction to buying new books and I buy them quicker than I can read them. I have a giant pile by the side of my bed of books that I have still to read, and now I have three more to add to it. 

Us by David Nicholls
Famous for his novel, One Day, David Nicholls is an author that I have heard great things about but never tried out for myself. I had popped into my local Asda at the weekend to pick up a few essentials and spotted this for only £3.85. It took me all of five seconds to go through the thought process of 'Should I buy it? Probably not, I am meant to be saving. Do I need another book? Definitely not. Will I get it anyway? Aye, okay. Let's do it.' The blurb doesn't give too much away but it leaves you wanting more, which is exactly how you want to feel (don't you just hate when they tell you practically the whole story on the back of the book? It's like watching a movie trailer and it shows you the end).

Emma by Jane Austen
After reading Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion for my advanced higher English class, I have got the Jane Austen bug and want to read more. This is my English teacher's favourite one so I knew it had to be the next one that I read. Although the language is really hard to get to grips with, Sparknotes is an absolute lifesaver with its chapter summaries. This is £1.99 on Amazon and theworks.co.uk but I got it on the latter because I had a free delivery code. If I didn't have the code, I probably would have gotten the Amazon purely because the cover design is cuter.

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
I love the Mortal Instruments series and have just gotten round to buying the last one, which is absolutely huuuuge by the way. This should keep me occupied for, ohh, about two days. It's been a while since I read Clary's story so I might have to go back and recap what happened previously before starting on this book. It was a steal at £1.99 again on theworks.co.uk, which is pretty amazing considering 630-odd page book. Somehow, it is now back up to £10.99 so I wonder if the reduced price was a mistake or if I just timed it well and purchased it on a day that it was reduced. Read my review of City of Bones: Mortal Instruments book 1 here

Have you purchased any good books recently? I am open to some suggestions!

1 comment

  1. I love the sound of the Up book, I don't like when they give away the story either!


    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP